February 8, 2010

The ATTACK of the pink globules!

Well it indeed has been forever since my previous post and I do have a few things that I should have posted on here! I'll start with the most recent cupcake encounter... cupcakes from the grocery store bakery *shudder*. Now kids are not usually picky when it comes to treats and my kids are no exception! They ate those globs of disgusting icing nestled on top of the teeniest of "cakes" with utter abandon. Like "OmNomNom" style! Which of course made me think of this video, it fills me with a sense of happiness :D




Now I can forgive them for the cake itself, it wasn't half bad, I can even forgive them for the horrible "buttercream" icing. What I can't forgive is the crazy food colouring!!! That shit got everywhere and my kids faces are still stained pink 2 days later. What the hell? I personally vow to try my very best to never use the stuff now that I've gone through a half bottle of stain remover.




With Valentines Day coming up I was thinking of making some cookies so we'll see how I do with that. I'm thinking of adding some raspberry jam to the icing to make it pink-ish and avoid this whole food colouring situation again. We'll see how that experiment goes.

No comments: